Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Pasadena Weather and Local Info

+19 HS
LeftCoastBuck's picture
January 1, 2019 at 12:05pm
17 Comments

I’ve lived in La Canada Flintridge for 20 years. (When the B2 flies over the north scoreboard....it flies over my house about 10 seconds before). My kids played rec soccer in Area H just outside the Rose Bowl, where we walk our dog.

Santa Ana winds are here as predicted. They suck and, often hit 70mph, and occasionally hit 100mph coming over the ridge. Ridge homes like mine have steel reinforcement in the chimneys to keep them from being destroyed.

Right now, they’re gusting 10-30 and my experience is that they’ll settle down a bit further. Now the Rose Bowl is in the Arroyo Seco, which is the low plane at the base of the San Gabriels. This generally weakens the surface winds, but makes vortices outside the stadium. Inside the stadium, near the ground, and especially near the north end, in can be calmer. I think Haskins will still be able to sling it.

Happy New Years and if you have local questions about restaurants or anything else, I’ll try to answer.

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments