Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

College Football is Better?

+10 HS
aabucks1996's picture
December 31, 2018 at 10:37am
39 Comments

I am in my mid 40's so to me the Rose Bowl is still awesome.  Bucks have a great chance to cap off a remarkable year tomorrow.

I just have a quick observation or comments from some looking back thru history.  We were B1G champs in 1984 and went to Pasadena for the 7th time in the prior 17 seasons at that point.  A great run.  Making the Rose Bowl was the highest possible achievement for any B1G team at that time.

Then there were changes.  The early Cooper years, the BCS, and now the CFP. 

Counting this year we will have been to Pasadena 3 times since the 1984 season (that's 34 years) while winning a share or outright B1G championship (I include 2010) 14 times.  We have been to the Fiesta Bowl 8 times since then.  It is a shame that more trips have not been to the Rose Bowl some how, but winning it all in 2002 and 2014 was worth it, I guess.

Is college football better?  I do not know.  I know Alabama vs. Clemson IV will not be on in my household, and I suspect a large portion of TV sets outside of Alabama and S. Carolina will not be tuned in either.  The get off my lawn comment here is that our fan base, particularly those under 35, have developed WAY too high of expectations for our program.  What Saban is doing at Alabama has never been done in the poll era.  Should we have lost to Purdue by 29, no, but we still had a hell of a year, especially if we win tomorrow! 

Go Bucks, beat the Huskies.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments