Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The "Urban Meyer Position"

+11 HS
Earthoid.'s picture
December 5, 2018 at 2:42pm
45 Comments

I hate to see Urban go, but I also am okay change as long as it's not bad change.  I don't think Day represents bad change so I expect the team to continue excelling. What this does though is gives our university the unique opportunity create the first ever "Urban Meyer position" -- a clever play off of the "percy harvin position" that Urban made famous. 

If you think about Urban's role going forward, it's like having a young and popular president who just served two terms becoming the main advocate of your party and it's continued progression, with a new president of the same party just having won in a landslide.  You couldn't really ask for a better situation considering the "president" can no longer serve.

What I would like to see is Urban Meyer become that guy, even more so than an Archie Griffin type who is a draw to the University, who recruits would love to meet, who could convince you this is where you want to be -- all that times by 100.  With a cushy admin job, I believe Meyer could still recruit for us.  He could obviously advise the current staff and stay involved without the daily grind and stress of being head coach.  It's like giving Urban Meyer an extra two arms to do the stuff he shouldn't be doing anymore but unleash his genius on all the stuff that doesn't cause stress. 

It would be so awesome if both Urban and the university would agree to this kind of arrangement.  I think my ideas are a little more optimistic than what his role it will end up being, but hey maybe not.  I think he still wants to be involved, we should just let him do what he wants to do most.  So what do you guys think?  What role do you think he'll take up and or would you like to see him take up?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments