Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Dwayne Haskins Case for Heisman

0 HS
NiekampPayton's picture
December 3, 2018 at 9:44pm
2 Comments

The Heisman Trophy finalists have been announced, Dwayne Haskins, Kyler Murray, and Tua Tagovailoa. Why does Dwayne Haskins deserve to win this over the other candidates and what has he done that is superior to them?

In my personal opinion I feel like Dwayne Haskins is the most deserving of this trophy, however I am very doubtful that he'll win it. After breaking it down in the table below he has significantly better passing numbers than both of the other two candidates while maintaining lower rushing numbers. The case for Haskins however though is that look at this conference, he put this team on his back in the B1G Ten. Kyler Murray and Haskins put up the same amount of touchdowns whereas Murray did it in the Big 12, where the average total defense is ranked 75th in college football, and Haskins did it in the B1G Ten, whereas the average total defense is ranked 59th in football. The reason I think Haskins is most deserving of this prestigious award is because I feel he is the most valuable to his team. If you would take Tua away from Alabama they are still going to be competing in the college football playoff and running the SEC. If you take Kyler away from Oklahoma they are still going 11-2/10-3 in a conference with little to no defense. However if you take away Dwayne Haskins from Ohio State they go maybe 7-5, losing in those close games against Nebraska, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue and maybe even Northwestern. I don't feel that Joe Burrow or Tate Martell would be able to lead a team like Haskins has done and I feel out of these three he is the most detrimental to his team.

Heisman Finalists Statistics 2018 Season
  Passing Yards Passing Tds Completion Percentage Interceptions Thrown Rushing Yards Rushing Tds Total Yards Total Tds
Dwayne Haskins 4,580 47 70.2% 8 122 4 4,702 51
Kyler Murray 4,053 40 70.9% 7 892 11 4,945 51
Tua Tagovailoa 3,353 37 67.7% 4 190 5 3,543 42

All statistics recorded are from https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 2 Comments