Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I Still Dont Care What Anyone Says. A Bad Loss Should Matter Less Than a Great Win.

+5 HS
LifeIsGood23's picture
December 3, 2018 at 8:51pm
39 Comments

I know we lost BADLY to a 6-6 team earlier in the year and everyone will always throw that in our face. But the day we blew out our biggest rival,best opponent,and most important game of the year I honestly thought we were in for sure. It was such a dominating performance and I will always believe that not only was the best win anyone had this season in college football its one of the best I can ever remember as an Ohio State fan.

I get it now. Clearly there's no coming back from a loss like Purdue and Iowa and if its OSU vs a team with a loss like that in the future I hope the committee stays consistent but damn  I just really didn't think the Purdue loss was more important than the TTUN blowout and I still don't.

I also think its BS that we are being punished for beating them so badly that there was a point where our win became devalued because then it dropped them in the rankings. 

Honestly the day Oklahoma won and we got left out was one of the worst days Ive ever had as a Buckeye fan. It hurt a whole lot less to get beaten 30-0 by Clemson because it felt like a fair valuation of the team and at least we know we didn't belong. But despite our ups and downs this year I truly believe we were good enough and got hot enough at the right time to win against ANYONE. And thats what the TTUN game showed and thats why we deserved to be in. It also hurts so bad because I truly believe Haskins is the best QB I've seen in a long time and I think what he does in the NFL will prove that he's the best QB we have ever had. I know in my heart that he could have lead this team to a title and instead I have to wonder forever whether I am right or not. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments