Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Will 2019 Buckeyes Make the CFP?

+1 HS
hetuk2002's picture
December 2, 2018 at 9:50pm
86 Comments

Likely losing 3 underclassmen in Bosa, Haskins, and Jones. Haskins is already being projected to be a top 10 lock unless something freaky happens and Dre'Mont is a fringe 1st as on right now (maybe he gets top 10 with another year?)Tate is capable to take over and be the dual threat, having a year to watch Haskins has to help his passing and Young is going to be the next great Dlineman @ OSU. Also very excited to see some Freshman come in and make an impact too.
The defense has an entire offseason to improve and has no where to go but up. I am also optimistic that these last two games will keep Meyer here at least another year if not more. Nevertheless, if he does depart, I am confident we can still do well with Day or whoever else might get selected.
The schedule doesn't get dicey until late November and the OOC games are pretty easy with Cincy being the one challenge.

Other schools like Clemson and Alabama are losing a ton of talent particularly on their OL/DL, but of course recruit great, but I could easily see Clemson not make it.

I know a million variables still exist, but what is your early feeling for 2019 with what is known now?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 86 Comments