Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State Lost to Their Fiercest Opponent...Expectations!

+3 HS
JDiesel757's picture
December 2, 2018 at 6:51pm
4 Comments

Okay, I am disappointed with the CFP committee's decision but I have to agree with Coach Meyer's opinion on the matter and say the committee had a tough decision to make when deciding between Ohio State and Oklahoma. However, I think that Ohio State lost out ultimately to expectations. . For the most part, tOSU has had a dominant defense and has blown out inferior competition in the B1G in years past, but this year was an exception. I think some of it had to do with a better B1G conference overall and I also think that it took time for the team and staff to recover from the loss of Bosa, the best Buckeye player and leader of the defense. I think they played flat as a result while everyone was expecting them to keep up the 30 point wins and the team was in competition with themselves and expectations week in and week out.

I know the fanbase was hard on Meyer for trying to make adjustments to the offense as the season progressed but I think his impact on the team's offensive philosophy showed over the last few weeks of the season and the team was a legitimate National Championship contender and would be a tough matchup for any of the committee's selections. It was a lost opportunity for an otherwise great team but I still enjoyed watching this team grow and fight through the adversity of expectations and negative media attention. Let's win the Rose Bowl and hope for a a National Championship team next year!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments