Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Media Rant

+9 HS
Sheridanclan11's picture
December 2, 2018 at 11:36am
13 Comments

I am not sure if we deserve to go to the playoffs but I have absolutely had it with the media destruction of our team. The are writing the narrative that the Playoff Committee eats up like candy on Halloween. Here are just a couple of quotes:

SI writer Joan Niesen when talking about why we don't belong becase we were "allowing Northwestern to have its way, especially in the ground game". We gave up only 24 points, less than both Oklahoma and Alabama

ESPN writer David Hale when talking about the amazing performances of the day, "from Jalen Hurts' redemption story to Grant Calcaterra's one-handed touchdown grab to Dwayne Haskins and Travis Etienne shredding their underwhelming opposition" 

Hale later in the article, "Clemson romped. Ohio State survived."

A 21 point victory over the 21st ranked team in the country where we were in command most of the game is surviving. A 12 point victory over the 14th ranked team (that lost to the Maryland team we are getting trashed for surviving) is considered validation of a playoff spot. 

Worse than attacking our team, the media's complete disregard of Dwayne Haskins is maddening. He has had one of the best years ever for a QB. Yet, they disparage his play and our opponents. I have had it with the media. The team and our players deserve better. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments