Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Happened with the OLine vs. Michigan

+9 HS
Signor Ferrari's picture
November 29, 2018 at 8:54am
45 Comments

Listen, as shocking as The Game was, the reality is that there was not a lot that I was shocked at or even surprised at:

• Michigan would just roll out the same offense that they have all year -- predictable
  • Ohio State would be able to hold up against such a scheme -- predictable 
  • Ohio State would come out fired up, focused and use their superior speed and athleticism to bully Michigan -- listen, I can't say I was confident it would happen, but I also was not at all surprised that we did it
  • We'd be "ok" in the run game -- predictable (sure I was worried we'd get smothered, but we had improved and figured we'd have some success, which is what we had, absent the aerial shredding it would have only been a modest running day most likely)
  • WHEN he had time to throw, Haskins would pick apart the Michigan secondary -- predictable

But... that last one.  Key word was "when".  I figured it would be back and forth.  When he had time to throw, we'd move the ball, but what would happen when he was pressured?  Could Haskins make the right decisions, avoid turnovers?

What I never saw coming in a million years was that THIS offensive line would prevent THAT Michigan rush attack from even learning what cologne Haskins wears, let alone, you know, occasionally put him on his back.

Where did that come from?  I was prepared (hoping/praying) for a better performance by the OLine and for Haskins and the staff to execute quick passes and schemes to handle the pressure.  But Dwanye enjoying a cup of Joe and some eggs every time he dropped back... Damn.

Any theories?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments