Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

MGoBlog Statistics of Swear Words

+20 HS
Chic'sGhost's picture
November 26, 2018 at 5:06pm
27 Comments

I feel the need to let all the statistic freaks out there analyze this for its proper value:  From MGoBlog:

We shattered just about every high for the season.

The 437 fucks given in the thread, for example, beat the previous high during the Indiana game by 96 fucks. That's about 7 fucks per opposing point, which seems about right for how it went down in my living room anyway.

192 shits yesterday beats the previous high from the Michigan State thread by 23 shits. In keeping with the game's tenor, we took a fantastic dump in the thread too. Between the people who join specifically to troll and the hot take artists, it was a smelly dump too.

The 65 damns were a record for the season too. Notre Dame is now a fairly distant second at 43 damns. We used to be much bigger fans of "damn" back in the day, but lately we simply like "fuck". Wait, maybe that doesn't sound right.

There were 75 calls for someone to be fired. The rage was primarily directed at Pep Hamilton and Jim Harbaugh. Despite the defense being unable to comprehend a crossing route, there were not a lot of calls directed at Don Brown, but there was a lot of calls for him to incorporate zone.

We also sucked 91 times in the open thread. I mean, how much can fit into 60 minutes of regulation, right? That said, we are 4-2 in games where we sucked more than 20 times this season, which I guess is decent enough when you spent that much time sucking according to the blog.

198 mentions of "defense" (a few of them even positive, virtually all of those in the first half) and 239 mentions of "offense" (which did well enough to score 39 points, but they made it look pretty fucking hard) far and away are season highs.

One tracked word - Harbaugh - is the only one where we did NOT hit the season high, and only by a slim margin. There were 173 references to Jim in this game, and the season high of 174 at MSU stands.

Overall, there were 753 tracked instances across the 3,496 posts, which is good for an overall efficiency of 2.27. That is historically consistent with losses or stressful victories, and oh how I wish it had been the latter. That was the most efficient thread of the year, but most years, the OSU thread has been the most efficient and the hardest to read. Maybe those things have something to do with one another - we certainly weren't at a loss for words.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments