Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Key Defensive Matchups

0 HS
Buckeyechuck5's picture
November 23, 2018 at 10:48pm
10 Comments

Good eavening dubbers. I cannot for the life of me seem to wind down and go to sleep this eavening. Full disclosure, I am extremely nervous about tomorrow's game. I can't stop thinking about the game. With the UM defense being what they are (I refuse to call them the best), I believe "the game" will be won and lost by the OSU defense. The following are possible matchups that will have a big impact tomorrow afternoon.
1) Chase Young vs Shea Patterson
2) Tuf Borland vs Karan Higdon
3) Malik Harrison vs Zach Gentry
Obviously Donovan Peoples Jones will be a big matchup but I don't think OSU will keep the same DB on him all day. Gentry worries me because he 6ft8". Malik Harrison is going to need to cover and win the jump balls. I have Tuf Borland slated against Karon Higdon but curiosity of how much Baro Browning will play is on my mind. Most importantly, Chase Young must play possess tomorrow. He must live in the backfield and also be ready for Shea Patterso to pull the ball and keep it around the edge. OSU cannot afford to be gashed by patterson running the ball.

Not sure I will sleep tonight. I want so badly to see our team play inspired and kick some ass. I hate ttun and for some reason this years version of the game has a feel that would avenge me punching my pillow for an hour after the 1995 defeat, or getting in a scrap with a buddy that was a UM fan in 96' after once again being denied a shot at the natty. I want this one so bad.

Thoughts, comments........

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments