Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why on Earth Does OU Get a Pass?

+9 HS
DaiTheFlu's picture
November 18, 2018 at 3:27pm
42 Comments

Aside from the usual post-Buckeye win handwringing and AP/Coaches Poll dropping us for not winning "impressively" enough, I have an honest and simple question. Why does Ohio State get hammered for games like yesterday while OU continually gets a free pass for having an abysmal defense? In their last 3 games alone, OU has given up:

- 46 points to 5-6 Texas Tech
- 47 points to 6-5 Oklahoma State (with the obvious caveat that it was a rivalry game and Okie Lite was good enough to beat WVU)
- 40 points to 3-8 Kansas. Yes, Kansas

This doesn't even mention the 48-45 loss to Texas or the near-loss against Army. I try not to spend too much time on the "The media hates Ohio State" bandwagon, but there's a massive discrepancy between how OU and Ohio State are being treated this season, considering we've now dropped two straight weeks after winning, whereas OU holds at #6. And yes, I realize that OU's loss is "better" than ours, which is clearly the worst in the country amongst playoff contenders. But aside from that, all of the articles and highlights rarely say much about OU aside from how amazing Kyler Murray and the Sooner offense is, yet every conversation about Ohio State is nothing but bashing the defense and Urban Meyer's "body language". I honestly cannot reconcile the difference between the two and the double standard, to me, is pretty jarring.

Thoughts, 11W?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments