Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Luke Fickell's UC Bearcats Are 6th in the Country in Total Defense (7th Scoring Defense)

+11 HS
Scarlatina's picture
November 17, 2018 at 5:31pm
35 Comments

#24 UC leads the AAC in every single defensive category as they go into their match up with #11 UCF. I honestly didn't realize how stifling the Bearcats's defense has been this year until College Gameday broke it down this morning.

I will always be a Fickell fan for the rest of that man's coaching career and beyond. IMO, Fickell was unfairly thrashed for the 2011 season... Took over as interim HC with less than 2 months notice, down 5-6 impact starters due to suspension, and handcuffed to a Jim Bollman-led offense. Glad Fickell has been able to show his true HC potential at UC now.

Also, props to the Bearcats's DC and former Buckeye LB Marcus Freeman as well. If Schiano (and hopefully Bill Davis) are gone this offseason, Freeman is on the top of my wishlist to return home as co-DC/LB coach.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments