Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

REPORT: DWAYNE HASKINS EXPECTED TO RETURN TO OHIO STATE IN 2019

+16 HS
Defiance's picture
November 14, 2018 at 11:03am
237 Comments

Good morning Dubbers!!

(Hopefully this goes better than my last forum post!)

From my inbox to this forum post, Yardbarker dropped a most interesting article in my account today and I had to share it! So this is the first time I've heard this one, 11W or otherwise:

If Dwayne Haskins decides not to declare for the NFL draft, the 2019 class of quarterbacks would be without its two most promising players.

According to Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller, that’s a real possibility. In his latest ranking update, Miller noted he didn’t include Haskins in the top 10 of quarterbacks because school sources believe he’ll stay at Ohio State for 2019.

Previously, multiple reports stated Oregon star Justin Herbert is expected to remain at the Pac-12 program next season.

And that certainly would complicate the draft for QB-needy teams.

Behind that duo, there’s a considerable gap. Missouri’s Drew Lock was once highly regarded, but that hype has slowed. Duke’s Daniel Jones is a potential late riser, while West Virginia’s Will Grier is a divisive prospect.

Neither Haskins nor Herbert are can’t-miss players, yet they’re safely the most promising draft-eligible quarterbacks.

I'm not familiar with  Matt Miller @ BR but I like the sound of Haskins @ tOSU in 2019 for sure!!

He doesn't give any more detail other than "school sources believe he’ll stay at Ohio State for 2019" but maybe, just maybe The Dwayne Train is not a one and done.

As far as the rest of the article, here's your link to that

Thoughts, opinions or Internet feelings anyone?!?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 237 Comments