Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

In No Scenario Do the Buckeyes Make the Playoffs, IMO

-4 HS
Sheridanclan11's picture
November 11, 2018 at 10:08am
139 Comments

I love my Buckeyes and have for the last 44 years. Having said that, I have run all the scenarios for the Buckeyes and they just simply can't make the playoffs this year, IMO. Some thoughts:

1. The huge road win over a top 18 team in the cold by double digits is being spun by the media as a lucky win because of Sparty's turnovers (as if the other top teams win big without the opponent turning the ball over). In any other year, the Buckeyes jump in this weeks poll. We will be lucky to get to 8. 

2. Northwestern being the West champion crushes any hope of a bounce in the Big10 Championship. 

3. The national sentiment is Ohio State is unworthy because of the Purdue and Nebraska games. That means that any win (our road victory over a top 20 team) will be minimized while other team's scares (like Oklahoma barely beating an unranked OK State at home) will be brushed aside. 

4. Playing a tough OOC schedule has held less significance each year and our signature victory has been destroyed by the crashing of our opponent (TCU) 

5. These teams are set to get in, even with a loss--Alabama, Clemson, ND.  The fourth at this time is Michigan but if we beat them (a HUGE if), OK or WV will take their place. Even Washington St would get in after before us. 

I know none of this speculation matters. The team can only do what it can, which is keep winning. A victory of Michigan would make the season in my opinion but I believe our chances to make a playoff are zilch. Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 139 Comments