Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Nostalgia - Krenzel to Jenkins on 4th and 14

+14 HS
ChicagoBuckeye10's picture
November 2, 2018 at 1:01pm
57 Comments

This forum post has nothing to do with Nebraska, and nothing to do with the 2018 Ohio State Buckeyes.  Hell, nothing to do with Ohio State in the last decade.  But it's Friday and I don't want to work.

ESPN wrote up an article about "unbeatable teams," which inevitably included the 2002 Miami Hurricanes team.  Of course, I got nostalgic, and I pulled up a YouTube highlight of the game.  There are a lot of memorable moments, but for me, none like this one. Given the momentum swing after Miami's FG to end regulation and Kellen Mother F'ing Winslow getting the go-ahead score in OT, I thought that this 4th and 14th was it for us. Would we Holy Buckeye? Would Miami's daunting D-Line break through and win the National Championship on a walk-off sack?  My heart was the heaviest it had felt that season, coming so close and feeling like it would end so soon (forgive my pessimism).

You already know what happens.  None of the above.  Just a gutsy, perfectly executed play to move the chains by two gutsy kids (nine equally gutsy teammates, and several equally gutsy coaches and playcallers).

Happy Friday. Go Buckeyes.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments