Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Ohio State vs Purdue Potential Rematch?

+2 HS
remraf_buckeye's picture
October 24, 2018 at 12:59am
37 Comments

As a preface, please do not come at me in the comments with the "we have so much more to worry about", "our defense won't beat Maryland let alone take us to Indy", or "blah blah sad fan" takes.

I was at the game in West Lafayette that was so crippling the only emotional response I could muster in the stands was laughter near the end.

This statement gets its own line in all caps:

I DON'T SPEAK OR CARE TO HEAR MORE ABOUT THE BUCKEYES MANY PROBLEMS THIS POST IS OF PURDUE'S JOURNEY IN THE WEST *cool dream scenario*

Who cares to beat those rotting horse carcasses? 

Instead, I'd like to explore what I am seeing as a very intriguing best case scenario

B1G West Standing
Team Division Record Conference Record Overall
Northwestern 2-0 4-1 4-3
Wisconsin 3-0 3-1 5-2
Purdue 2-1 3-1 4-3
Iowa 1-1 3-1 6-1

Our seasons grim reaping train conductors sit squarely in the race for the top of the B1G West. This was something I had written off before visiting the cursed sacred burial ground Ross-Abe stadium was built upon that continues to act as a weird kryptonite for our brave & bold.

In front of them, the boilermaker's have the ability to collect to souls of Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin (two of which will take place in their Thunderdome).

Meaning with only a small bit of chaos, and the black&gold men of NW Indiana riding some newfound confidence, we'd be able to see them make the short trip to Indianapolis. Where we pray they find a hungry and magically cured (of Defensive & Rushing & Special Team & Linebacker; Scheme & Penalty/NO Discipline woes)Buckeye football team.

Under this chaotic, dream state scenario.

That rematch would be a ticket I'd pay a considerable amount to see in Indy.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments