Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

5 OSU Players Rated 1st Round Grade by Matt Miller

+7 HS
JimmyVanP's picture
October 12, 2018 at 5:17pm
58 Comments

Noted draft scout Matt Miller released his newest scouting notebook today on BleacherReport.  He rated 5 of our Buckeyes as 1st round talents:

1. Nick Bosa

12. Dre'Mont Jones

16. Dwayne Haskins

21. Damon Arnette

30. Kendall Sheffield

He also included a note about how scouts love Arnette because of his size and physicality.  Although I gotta say, even though I usually agree with Miller and I personally think he has the best takes and is the best overall draft scout, I just don't see why he ranks our CB duo so highly.  I understand teams love these combine measurables nowadays, but in my opinion Arnette and Sheffield haven't shown on the field that they're worthy of first round picks.

I also thought it was interesting he included Haskins in there.  He's one of only 2 QBs given first round grades, trailing only Justin Herbert from Oregon.  He also mentioned that Grier's stock has gone down.  Also, Haskins earned one of his weekly "game balls" for best performances yet again.  This just seems like the possibility that Dwayne is a one and done is increasing each week.

Also, just as an FYI, Miller feels that the injury to Bosa shouldn't impact his draft stock at all.  Here's a link to the article.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments