Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Dwayne Haskins: A Personal Mea Culpa (Sort Of...)

+23 HS
LealmanBuckeye's picture
October 9, 2018 at 12:54pm
59 Comments

If you know me from my posts, you know I'm the first one to step in and defend J.T. Barrett when someone takes a swipe at him. Barrett is one of my favorite Buckeyes of all time, and I admire the passion and the grit that were part of his game. Some of my comments defending Barrett may have been taken as disparaging Dwayne Haskins; I never wished Haskins ill, but I always thought his more ardent supporters to be overzealous and lacking in critical thinking skills.

Through six games, I love what I've seen from Haskins. I had my doubts for three quarters and change during the Penn State game, but he came through. And I realized something as I watched the Indiana game on DVR (last weekend being the second weekend of Wood Badge training, couldn't watch it live) and saw Haskins fire an absolute laser to Dixon for a TD: by God, this offense is fun. Even with Joe Germaine and Bobby Hoying, we never had an offense this pass-happy. If we can find some way to get the running game in full swing, the offense will be well-nigh unstoppable.

Now, don't get me wrong. I still think last year would have been too soon for Haskins. He came in this year with appropriate seasoning and knowledge of the offense, and he's lived up to his billing. The playoffs and a championship are within reach. The Heisman, they can give to Taglia... Taga.. Tavagl... Alabama's QB; it's nice, but unnecessary.

So yes, I have hopped aboard the Dwayne Train. And I don't mind riding coach.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments