Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Buckeye Leaf Count

+4 HS
Sav45age's picture
October 7, 2018 at 1:17pm
12 Comments

If my memory serves, Eleven Warriors used to have feature on Buckeye Leaf counts?

I noticed during the white out that Dwayne had his entire left side of the helmet filled (and it looked to me like he was the only one), and I know it was always a source of pride to be the first one to fill up the left and get to right side.  

I know Coaches have always had different metrics for awarding the Buckeye Leaves, in fact I remember hearing that Coach Coop’s requirements were too individually based for Coach Tress, and his were almost all team based. For example, instead of the receiver and QB getting one for a TD, the offense as a whole would get one... etc.  

With Coach Tress everything that happened again ttun was worth double Buckeye Stickers, because in The Game very inch is worth two! And nobody earns a Leaf in defeat,... as it it should be. 

I would expect Urban hands out tons of stickers for downfield blocking and has a lot of metrics based on the performance of the unit. Does anyone have any insider knowledge?

The main reason I ask is; Dwayne had a full left side vs PSU and none on the right. Then it was exactly the same vs IU!?! Did he not play well enough to get any stickers?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments