Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hypothetical Clemson Matchup

-1 HS
burger1124's picture
October 5, 2018 at 11:58am
60 Comments

Clemson has been--on paper--underwhelming this year. I would argue even more underwhelming than they were last year, when they underwhelmed most of the season. 

But if you asked me to make a decision today about OSU vs Clemson, I'd still say Clemson wins. Again, this is assuming they met, like, tomorrow.

Clemson's offense has regressed, but still challenges the areas of defenses where the Buckeyes are weakest. I really think they would exploit our LBs and even safeties with their passing plays. And their D-line is still every bit as good as advertised. OSU's offensive line really took a beating in the Penn State game--I was shocked at their lack of production, especially after hearing all week that OSU had a distinct advantage there.

It would come down, to me, to the lines on both sides of the ball for OSU. We may or may not neutralize their offense, but can we do more damage to their offense as a whole defense (including back seven) than theirs can do to ours? Especially given that the blueprint to get out of games is now slant routes for big gains, I just don't know how effective that would be.

What are your thoughts? How would an OSU-Clemson matchup play out?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 60 Comments