Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

D Line Concerns...

0 HS
SonOfCarmen's picture
September 30, 2018 at 8:58am
26 Comments

...I know, but hear me out. 

First, hands down strength of the defense is the D line. Dremont has been the most consistent player over the course of two years. Chase young is emerging. And the rotation of BB and Hamilton is going well. I also admit more inexperienced players like cooper, T Smith are handling their playing time well. But with those exceptions, I haven’t seen much more depth , specifically at the DE  

My concerns begin with injuries. Bosa is indefinitely unavailable. And now with an unknown injury to Dremont from last night, I’m concerned about the lack of depth behind the first 4-6 playing. 

I have believed since last year, that rashod berry should make his move back to the defense end position.  I’ve seen nothing but pure athleticism from him since he arrived and think he could do well as a part of the “rushmen” package off the edge opposite Young. This wouldn’t even have to take him away from TE playing time either I wouldn’t think if we need him (side note, this could open up more playing time for Ruckart). This would also allow Jashon Cornell to move back to DT where I believe is his more appropriate position and spell Dremont, especially if that injury is going to limit reps. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments