Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Trip Down Memory Lane (OSU-PSU 2007)

+2 HS
bwherbert's picture
September 24, 2018 at 11:11pm
16 Comments

I'm pumped for this weekend's match, and it prompted me to revisit the 2007 game at College Station. I was there in person and had a blast watching PSU fans empty the stands at the end of the 3rd quarter and hearing the O-H-I-O chant in Beaver Stadium. Some tidbits:

- Beanie Wells.....damn that boy could run. I'd forgotten just how dominant he was when healthy. If the Bucks needed 2 yards or less, Beanie was automatic. Mo Wells....not so much hahaha

- Todd Boeckman was a disappointment at quarterback but imo this was his best game during the 2007 season. 19-26, 253 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT. PSU had no choice but to stack the box for Beanie and their DBs could not handle Robiskie or Hartline. 

- PSU fans don't like thinking about Anthony Morelli. He could not get comfortable in the pocket and forced a lot of throws.

- I miss OSU's Linebacker U days.....we had Laurinaitis and Freeman were all over the place. 

- OSU was the #1 team coming into this. #2 was Boston College (they were playing against #8 Va Tech in Blacksburg this same night and Matt Ryan has some crazy heroics in the 4th quarter of that game)

- Kansas was ranked #9....yes I'm talking about Kansas football.....LOLZ. 2007 was their magic year. Todd Reesing was a beast and I remember they lost a heartbreaker to #3 Mizzou in the last regular season game (remember Chase Daniel?....yeah me neither)

- I still haven't forgiven Tress for not running Beanie more in the natty against LSU. I don't think we would've won that game but Beanie should've got 40+ carries. They had NO answer for them. That game was almost more frustrating to watch than 2006.  

GO BUCKS! BEAT PSU!!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments