Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban Meyer to Appear on ESPN This Morning

Dan Hope's picture
September 16, 2018 at 8:14am
240 Comments

With his suspension now officially over, Urban Meyer is set to appear on ESPN on Sunday morning in his first post-suspension interview, with the full interview set to air during the 9 a.m. SportsCenter.

ESPN has not yet posted the full interview online, but did post some quotes from the interview in an article on its website:

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer says it "breaks my heart" to hear that Courtney Smith would believe that he would choose to help and enable an abuser.

Meyer told ESPN's Tom Rinaldi in an interview that aired Sunday that he was trying to help former assistant coach Zach Smith, not dismiss the domestic violence allegations made by his ex-wife.

"My intent was to try to help all involved," Meyer said. "The only way that I knew how at the time, and I had two choices: fire a man and really put a family in upheaval financially, etc., or try to stabilize someone so you can go up and be a good father."

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 240 Comments