Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

10 Things to Take from Week 3

+3 HS
buckeye_in_WI's picture
September 16, 2018 at 6:52am
20 Comments

Post your thoughts on the TCU game here.

1. The Dwayne train is real folks. He showed us he can now make throws under pressure and in big game situations. Gonna be fun to watch him slice up Ds for as long as we have him.

2. Hoping for good news on Bosa. While Cooper and Young played very well without him and Jones had his moments to shine, you could tell his presence was missed. We will need him for PSU/MSU/ttun.

3. Welcome back JK Dobbins. He didn't look great vs Rutgers but man oh man did he has some nifty runs and played hard and fast tonight.

4. Okudah and Wade probably need to move up the depth chart. I think the only coverage play i saw them get beat on was a perfect sideline throw vs Wade and he was in perfect position just needed to get his hands up a millisecond sooner and that ball could have been swatted away. Arnette is good he just commits too many PIs to be playing ahead of those 2.

5. Other than the low snaps, our Oline played masterfully. TCU has some elite edge rushers and one of their DEs is suppose to be the best in the B12. I haven't seen this good of Oline play since 2014.

6. Something I kept saying last night was "where are our LBers?" Too often once a TCU player made it past the linemen it seemed like nobody was there at the 2nd level and they picked up 8-12 yards easy. This is a huge problem that we still haven't addressed. If we make it to the B1G champ game and/or playoffs, our opponents will destroy us in the run game if we cant fix this.

7. Other than a few dumb cute plays in the 1st half (and maybe deciding to go for 2 early in the 3rd quarter), our coaching was solid. Hats off to Day et al. They had our boys ready to fly and despite getting knocked around early and falling behind, then losing the best player on the team and our defensive leader, they orchestrated a dominating comeback and kept the team poised.

8. I can't believe we played a big game and had no special team blunders!

9. I tricked myself into thinking rolling Ore St and Rutgers meant we were invincible. We're not, but we're a damn good football team and far and away the best looking team in the B1G. At this point anything less than a conference championship and playoff berth is a disappointment.

10. WELCOME BACK COACH MEYER

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments