Per Forbes, Ohio State football generated $120 million in revenue and $69 million in profit.
Texas A&M is #1 overall, followed by Texas, Michigan, Alabama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma. With $148M and $107M in profit, TAMU is a runaway #1. To put its domination into context, it had more profit than #12 Oregon generated in total revenue.
Other few notables (based on revenue):
- The B1G put seven in the top 25 but aside from #3 Michigan, #5 Ohio State, and #14 Penn State, the other four (Nebraska, Michigan State, Iowa, and Wisconsin) are all clustered between 20-25.
- The SEC has five in the top 10, nine in the top 16, and 10 in the top 25.
- The Big XII has two in the top six (Texas and Oklahoma) but only one other school in the top 25 (#25 Texas Tech).
- The PAC-12 has three in the top 25 (#12 Oregon, #18 USC, #19 Washington).
- Notre Dame is seventh.
- What’s missing? Not a single ACC team is in the top 25. Not Clemson, FSU or Virginia Tech. Basketball, anyone?