Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Little Perspective

+10 HS
M5gatronBuckeye's picture
November 7, 2017 at 6:01pm
59 Comments

After the embarrassing loss on Saturday, I didnt want to talk about anything OSU related for a full 2 days. I quit watching at the beginning of the 4th quarter and started cleaning my house to keep myself busy.

Whenever OSU goes through rough patches, I almost always start thinking about past struggles and successes. I remember back in the beginning of 2014 when OSU lost to VT, the local team had lost 3 of it's last 4 games (TTUN State, Clemson and VT) Dont lie, everyone on this website thought that Urban lost his edge, the assistants sucked and so on. We all know damn good and well how that turned out

Now in the middle of a (so far) 2-loss season, national title chances are gone...but we can still enjoy 2 wins against the state up north as well as a possible major bowl victory. It's easy to look ahead to 2018, but frankly football season goes by too fast and I still want to enjoy this season. How the Buckeyes play in the 1st quarter of the upcoming game this Saturday will tell us everything we need to know about their attitude and how they respond.

So question: What memories/players/games do you often think of when the Buckeyes lose games like this? What do you do to keep yourself upbeat as a fan and positive about the future? (The power of the mind is a powerful thing)

The season will be over before we know it, and we'll all be missing Saturdays watching our team. 

(I’m 29 and often think back to Troy Smith the wolverine killer, Ted Ginn doing whatever he wanted, and Terrelle Pryor always seeming to come through big when the lights were the brightest. Also, Braxton Miller. What an animal)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments