Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU Vs. Iowa - Start Enjoying Now

+17 HS
Large Father's picture
November 2, 2017 at 9:25pm
15 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

There are those amazing moments that you will always remember...some describe it as time momentarily standing still.  I find it to be exactly the opposite.  For a few brief seconds, I can see well into the future already recalling the images of that moment with overwhelming joy, already wishing I could re-live it again and again...simultaneously, I can see many years back and all that led to now...and how much has changed.   

I've had two of these moments recently.

The first image I recall frequently is from last summer; it's late - well past the kids bedtime - all four of us jumping up and down dancing and singing the last song of the night, Trees, at a twenty one pilots concert. 

The second image I've been recalling often is from last weekend; Trace McSorley's fourth down pass hits the turf as we watch from the North stands in Ohio Stadium and we know Ohio State is going to win.  All four of us jumping up and down, hugging, yelling and celebrating.    

Time is a tricky thing.  Somehow my two boys went and grew up on me...very quickly.  Right now, I have a unique, fleeting window of time where they still live in my house, enjoy the same things I enjoy...and enjoy being around me.  I know it won't always be this way, so I make sure I'm there as much as possible, enjoying it fully...living in the moment.  

If you are waiting to enjoy this Ohio State football season...wanting to jump to the last chapter to see how it ends...or waiting to hold judgment until you know if this team is special and worth emotional investment, I suggest you start enjoying now because you are already missing it.  Don't worry about College Football Playoff rankings, special teams miscues, media pundit perceptions and past loss demons.  

There are only so many College Football Saturdays left this season...and this Ohio State team already has it.

Touchdowns:  Dobbins, Dixon, JT, Austin Mack

OSU 34 Iowa 17

Go Bucks!  Beat Iowa!  Dante Booker for Heisman!

Beefy Daddy

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments