Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Passing Offense Zone Vs Man?

+8 HS
rekrul's picture
October 5, 2017 at 8:07am
31 Comments

I did a search and did not see anything recently obviously this has been covered but have not seen it recently because of our passing successes.

Yes our comp has been weak but what about man coverage vrs zone?  Ryan Days new concepts will work fantastic and be an easier read in man but it seems zone coverage is where we have had issues.  Zone seems to not only limit our speed or neutralize it a bit, slows our reads and some of our running but seems to cripple the ability for our WRs and JT to see eye to eye where the holes are in it.  

This is kind of reminding me of the bear D that VT threw at us and other Ds started to follow, we obviously figured it out but...  I am wondering if we are going to start hitting this as the season continues, Ash is a HUGE man v man advocate as we all know.  You sit down in holes in the zone not run out of them, unless you take off he top of it, I am wondering if its concept related, player read related or a combination of all of it with our play makers not being as comfortable with it.  Our D plays man so our offense gets to practice against that daily.  You would think we have concepts, RPO etc to combat this but makes me a bit uneasy that we are banking on most of the teams to play man against us especially one of the coaches mentioning getting into B1G play so we will see man...

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 31 Comments