Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Conspiracy Theory: Urban Meyer's Comments Hint

-8 HS
OhioAgainstTheWorld34's picture
September 11, 2017 at 9:09am
61 Comments

I apologize for the tardiness of this post, however I am just now stumbling into work after making the four hour trip back from Columbus, feeling much like I did in 2014 after the Virginia Tech game.  Obviously, we were blatently outcoached and outplayed in nearly every phase of the game and that ultimately lead to the loss.  I don't have logic for why we keep seeing our QB tote the ball more than RBs and after each big game we lose it seems as if that is the glaring takeaway.  Why can't we see this as it unfolds and correct it in game is beyond me.  But enough for the ranting as there is another thread I can visit for that.  I want to move onto a conversation my brother and I had leading up to the game....

We are sitting in St. John's awaiting Skull Session to happen when my brother says to me, "The comments Urban made about Tom Herman make total sense to me now."  He is a high school coach and just occurred an instance with one of his player's parents whom were unhappy with their kid's playing time send their Huddle Account Login Information to a friend whose kid played on a district rival.  The account not only housed film, but also the entire digital playbook.  Dealing with this lead him to the hypothesis that the Big XII needed this win as a conference.  Herman having spent the time in Columbus that he did more than likely shared some things about the Buckeyes with Lincoln Riley.  We both imagine that word somehow got back to Urban thus prompting him to fire a shot.  I wouldn't surprise me in the slightest  if this did occur.  It is an interesting line of thinking for sure and something I thought worth sharing.

It doesn't change what happened Saturday... I left the stadium disgusted, but with a slight optimism that we will make the corrections and get better.  We have a few weeks before we get back into the conference and with that I hope we can find an offensive rhythm and sure things up on the back end of that defense.  Having the worst pass defense in all of FBS ought to wake some people up!  Go Bucks!!! The schedule sets up in such a way maybe just maybe we could get on a run here and make things happen.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments