Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Positive outlook on last night

+9 HS
hawknut47's picture
September 1, 2017 at 10:21am
77 Comments

With all the negative comments in open thread last night I thought I'd say my take on the positives from last nights game that seem to get overlooked. 

First let's start with the obvious the d line and the star jk dobbins. The d line was a force out on the field. Indiana knew with the quick release and let's give credit to the Indy receivers for the great plays they made last night. Also jkdobbins is gonna be a force. But let's not forget it's only one game but the future seems bright. 

Now let's turn to the things I feel like got overlooked. First the o line play. They had a few plays that I didn't like but most of all jt  stayed up right and they created open holes for dobbins. They still need work but I see improvement from them. Second you have to remember r receivers where going up against experienced dbs. They are young and untested most of them. Indy played 5 dbs most of the time and dropped 8 into coverage. Not a lot of room on the field to make a play. They got better as the game went on. Third let's talk about our lbs and dbs. The line backer play has gone unnoticed. Worley absolutely stuffed a rb draw on a third late last night that only a former lb can truely understand the feeling about how great that play was. Baker being undersized was a monster in coverage sniffing out the rb out the back field and being solid as usually. But they person I noticed was booker man is he just intimidating to look at. Big solid kid that can flat out play reminds of josh perry . Covered well and think he made a great play shedding a block and making a play on flar out the back field. Now let's talk about the dbs. Our dbs played an alright game I think in the most part it was due to the first game jitters. Most of these guys are looking over their shoulders they know if they screw up it's next man up. Ward will be great got picked on bit but overrall he was right there just has to make the play indys wideouts just made great plays all night let's give them credit with those one handed grabs. 

Remeber buckeye faithful it's only the first game are dbs will grow up they have every year with urban as a leader. 

And as always f Michigan and go bucks! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments