Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2015 could surprisingly be Ohio State's highest impact recruiting class yet

+8 HS
DonJuan's picture
May 2, 2017 at 5:00pm
14 Comments

As much as Meyer likes to rip apart the 2015 class, I believe they still have the potential to have a greater number of major impact players than any of Meyer's previous classes. Of course, everyone has a different opinion of "impact", but I put every recruit in 3 categories: No impact, Some impact, Major impact. Based on a combination of playing time and production, so players like Terry Mclaurin are still only ranked in the "Some Impact" category due to lack of production even with high playing time. 

Not surprisingly, I have the 2013 with the most "Major impact" recruits with 12, with a possibility of 14, depending on what Sprinkle and Hill do this year.

2014 has 11 major impact recruits with the possibility of having 17, depending on quite a few players like Dixon, Booker, McLaurin, etc.

2015 already has eight "Major Impact" and five "Some Impact" recruits with the possibility of having 19 "Major Impact" recruits. It depends on guys like Glover-Williams, Rashod Berry, Burrow, Hilliard, Burrell, and a few more. Realistically, I think the class will end up with somewhere around 15, but that still is a great number.

No Impact Some Impact Major Impact
Torrance Gibson Eric Glover-Williams Jerome Baker
Justin Hilliard Damon Arnette Mike Weber
Jashon Cornell DaVon Hamilton K.J. Hill
Matt Burrell Jr. Rashod Berry Dre'Mont Jones
Jamel Dean Joe Burrow Isaiah Prince
Nick Conner   Denzel Ward
Mirko Jurkovic Jr.   Robert Landers
Branden Bowen   Liam McCullough
Aramis Alexander    
Grant Schmidt    
Joshua Alabi    
Alex Stump    
Kevin Feder    
Josh Norwood    

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments