Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Northwestern - Maybe it's because I was dressed up as Mork from Ork

+10 HS
Large Father's picture
October 27, 2016 at 9:47pm
15 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

Maybe it's because I was dressed up as Mork from Ork.

...or maybe it's because I didn't have my good-luck flavor of beer at any point during the game.

...or maybe it's because I didn't watch the game with my scarlet-and-gray-clad kiddos, but rather a bunch of adults also dressed up as TV show characters.

...or maybe it's because I didn't wear my lucky Buckeye necklace made from the Buckeye trees in my Grandma Winter's side yard.

...or maybe it's because no one in our house took a morning jog down Woody Hayes Boulevard and around Ohio Stadium last Saturday.  

...or maybe it's because I didn't do all of my in-game rituals - which, if listed, would make Mork from Ork seem completely normal. 

It couldn't have been because Penn State had a bye just before the game and two weeks to prepare for Ohio State.

It couldn't have been because a young Buckeye team struggled at night in the rain on the road in Happy Valley - possibly the toughest stadium to visit in the country.

It couldn't have been because Penn State coaches found a couple OSU offensive tendencies that allowed their defense to correctly flow to the Ohio State ball carrier and/or perfectly time the snap count on the blitz.  

It couldn't have been because PSU QB, Trace McSorley, threw up a prayer near the end of the first half that just happened to come down as a 35-yard completion setting up a touchdown in the final seconds...one of only eight completions for Penn State all game.

It couldn't have been because of terrible, uncharacteristic special teams miscues by Ohio State (eerily reminiscent of the 1998 game against Michigan State).

It couldn't have been because of the perfect bounce of a blocked field goal kick into the arms of a Penn State player who happens to run the 40-yard dash in 4.36 seconds.

...It had to have been because I was dressed up as Mork from Ork.  

The good news is that these Ohio State players are still very talented and developing.  Also, the defensive coaches have the Silver Bullets playing at a very high level right now.  Once the Ohio State offense fixes the tendencies that expose the play and/or the snap count...and (in my opinion) play with a very fast tempo that suits JT better...they'll build some momentum for the continued stretch of meaningful late-season games.  

I'd love to see the Buckeyes come out and have a dominant performance at home this weekend...and go on a run for the back half of the season!

Touchdowns:  JT, Mike Weber, Curtis Samuel, Noah Brown, Dontre, Malik Hooker

OSU 45 Northwestern 13

Go Bucks!  Beat Northwestern!  Dante Booker for Heisman! 

Fleshy Pappy

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments