Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Final 7 games: Worry Meter

-1 HS
BeneckeBuck5's picture
October 10, 2016 at 7:35pm
3 Comments

My thoughts on the final 7 games:

@ Wisconsin: Moderate worry- they have a fantastic defense and have a great home field advantage at night. If we turn the ball over, this one makes me anxious. They don't have the offense to keep pace with us. I think we get it done, 31-13.

@ Penn State: Moderate worry- this game only really worries me because it's on the road at night, and it is coming after an emotional top-10 road matchup for us. I think it is close until the half, and we pull away later on, 35-14.

vs. Northwestern: No worry- this will be similar to the Illinois game in 2014. We come in at home after a hard fought win on the road at Penn State and just hammer them, 55-14.

vs. Nebraska: Moderate worry- this game would worry me more if it were on the road. The Shoe will be rocking as Nebraska will likely come in with a record of 6-2 or better. I think we beat them pretty well as Urban will have them fired up for a home night game, 45-20.

@ Maryland: Moderate worry- This feels like a "trap game" of sorts. We could overlook them with 2 big ones coming down the pipe immediately following this one. I think it is close through a quarter and a half, and we'll score late in the half. Urban will set them straight at halftime, and we'll come out firing in the 2nd half. Buckeyes move to 10-0 by a score of 49-17.

@ Michigan State: Significant worry- I know people will argue that Sparty is unranked and they look bad this year, but this is going to be a huge hurdle for our guys to overcome. This will likely be a 3:30 or 8:00pm kickoff, and it will be an absolute dog fight. Dantonio will have his guys ready, but I think JT plays with a chip on his shoulder like he did there in 2014. I think it comes down to the 4th quarter, and our defense makes some key stops when they need to. Our guys survive, 31-24.

vs. Michigan: Significant worry- they are for real. We've known they would be for a few weeks now. This truly could be the best rendition of The Game that has been played in my lifetime, even surpassing 2006. This is going to be for all the marbles in the conference, with the winner in all likelihood going to the College Football Playoff. With enough chaos, there could be a rematch within a month...
This is a complete tossup, but I will take Urban at home because I think TTUN is still a year away from national prominence. We win and move to 12-0, 42-38.

Let me know how worried/not worried you are for the final 7 regular season games this year. Go Bucks!

(MOD - EDIT) Do your homework first next time - closing thread for dupe.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments