Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What I have observed: right or wrong-Urban program, recruiting, development, philosophy.....

+5 HS
BoohBah Buckeye's picture
September 29, 2016 at 4:53pm
15 Comments

Extremes: we've been down this route before but I believe we as OSU fans have extreme pleasure of having a coach and OSU that has extremes that give us great satisfaction.  In my 60 plus years I've never been so encouraged.

Urban Meyer has placed a great (yes I wanted to use extreme LOL) emphasis on a couple of things:  1) players who have a great competitive spirit to win (and players deselect themselves if they don't want to compete at the highest level and I think Urban is fine with that); 2) speed combined with more speed; 3) recruiting fast, capable Defensive Ends who might get big enough to go to DT and I think he is fine with that AND those interior DTs will likely be able to go pro; 3) excellence doesn't stop on one or the other side of the ball----Urban wants to be able to win games with his offense, with his defense, and with special teams.  I think this gives him the deciding edge over Alabama who I don't think has that mentality.  

With recruiting I believe that OSU is becoming even more dynamic and strong in the years to come.  Players who want to go to the NFL will know---more and more, that OSU is the premiere development ground for going pro.  Indeed, Urban doesn't want to recruit a player who isn't NFL capable.  WOW.

If OSU program promotes 3 and done, then Urban needs to have a program that QUICKLY develops players to fill the spots of the vacated player who go pro early.  I think with Mariotti he has that:  I also think he has coaches who can handle quick development of incoming player also.  Keeping this coaches is a concern.

So far we are seeing that Urban has, (again SO FAR this year) we are seeing that he has filled the void created by 14 players in one year leaving to the NFL.  AMAZING fact and feat!!!!

GO BUCKEYES

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments