Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How The Heck Did We All Miss This: Jahsen Wint in NYT

+37 HS
osu992's picture
September 22, 2016 at 10:23pm
46 Comments

I haven't even read this yet. I saw it not 40 seconds ago, was sad I didn't see it 6 days ago, flabbergasted that none of us saw it, and know it needs to be rectified.

From Canarsie to Columbus

How many Ohio State players have nytimes.com features? How about of those who have only played one game's worth of kickoff coverage? Growing up on Long Island myself, I have a soft spot for all the for all the Long Island players. Was really hoping Malcolm Pridgeon would make an impact this year (he's from a couple towns over from mine). Jahsen was one of my favorites as well. Like many people from that area, he comes from very humble beginnings. Would love to see him make a name for himself in Columbus. As early as November 2015, he was rated as a 2 star by various rating services. There isn't much talent in that area of the country so it is hard to tell how much of that is lack of exposure versus late blooming. Once he committed, attention on him rose dramatically. By National Signing Day, he was a 4 star by some rating services. Jahsen was one of those rare recruits having to decide between Temple and Ohio State. If I recall correctly, the Temple coach didn't really put up a fight and encouraged him to take the great opportunity.

Layout of the piece looks good, and there's a pic with a hug from mom. Note, it's primarily a 'photo story' of his his last 8 months.

Includes this gem:

Seriously, we dropped the ball. Give it up for Showtime Wint!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments