Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Offensive and Defensive Player of Game Predictions

+1 HS
bignut2017's picture
August 31, 2016 at 9:22am
28 Comments

It's almost here. I'm sure many of you feel the same way but I can't wait until Saturday at noon where I sit in Ohio Stadium and watch Ohio State take the field for the first time this year. There are always players who step up on both sides of the ball and seperate themselves. 

Offensively, I see Curtis Samuel stepping up big time in his first year getting major touches. I'm predicting Samuel to have a huge game making plays both running the ball and catching it as well. I see then offense starting a little slow and then late in the 1st quarter Samuel takes a base counter play 60 yards to the house. Then later I think Samuel will make a great catch on a contested ball from 30 yards out, much like the play Jalin Marshall made on his touchdown against Michigan last year. I'm predicting Curtis Samuel's final stat line will be 9 carries for 85 yards and 5 catches for 60 yards. 

Defensively, I'm going with Sam Hubbard. I know on the 2 deep he is listed with a OR next to his name but I think most of us expect him to get a majority of the snaps at DE. I see Hubbard being very tough to deal with both in run defense and rushing the passer. I'm predicting Hubbard's stat line will be 6 tackles, 3tfl, 1 sack, and 1 FF. 

Who are you guys predicting as your Offensive and Defensive players of the game? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments