Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

0 HS
GVerrilli92's picture
December 20, 2015 at 1:47pm
124 Comments

So did anybody else wake up one morning over the last two weeks mad as hell that this team isn't getting a chance to play for it all? Not to be misunderstood, I know that objectively, this team did nothing to deserve that opportunity. (If you like Tim Beck, stop reading)

But holy shit, we could have played 80% of our schedule with the backups and won those games. And then the only game of the year that we needed to be motivated for, we rely on an above average rushing QB to carry the offense as if he was the only athlete on the field.

With all of these recent decommits/whiffs in recruiting, this season left a terrible taste in my mouth. I really tried to defend Beck, and I tried to act like missing out on the playoffs wasn't a big deal, I did for so long. But he has done absolutely nothing for me to continue to defend him, and this team could beat anybody in the playoffs.

Question. Why is Beck the only member of the staff that isn't interviewed? Is he the inbred cyclops baby that Urban is trying to hide from the public? At least when Herman had questionable gameplans he went up to that podium like a man and claimed the blame. And then when's the last time you heard that Beck was a huge part in signing a great player? What does this guy bring to the table??

This is the exact same team that plowed through Alabama and Oregon with Doladale as the QB - minus Spencer, Smith, and Herman. Call me a flamer, but this is the real world. In any endeavor - if you only change one variable from opportunity to opportunity, isn't it obvious what the problem was if you succeed at the first opportunity and fail at the last? In the last stretch of this season it honestly felt as though Urban was shifting things around to not let Beck's ineptitude shine through. Beck didn't assert himself, he didn't take ownership, and he wasted one of the most talented offenses in OSU history. You could have literally used the coach suggestions from NCAA Football 2010 and gameplanned this team to the playoffs.

Now I know there are a lot of people out there that are well aboard the #FireBeck bandwagon, and I try to avoid pinning the blame for anything on any one person. But this guy is so gone. You can't be apart of this program if you don't enhance it. I never said fire fickell, hell I didn't even have that much of a problem with Whithers because of the Christian Bryant injury (and we weren't expected to be a national contender anyways). This one individual however (the mentor to the great Tommy Armstrong), may have robbed us of a dynasty.

Am I too emotionally invested in the outcome of the CFB season? You're damn right I am, but I know most of you are the same. And it would be entirely different if he had come in next year and not posted conference-leading stats. But this is the team we pointed at, this is the year we said "hey, that's the year we should be pretty dangerous." And he came in and he ruined it.

Call me a cry baby, call me what you will. But has Ohio State ever had a stretch like Bama is on right now? Or like USC in the late 2000s? Or like Miami in the early 2000s? Or like Nebraska in the mid 1990s? No. So don't say I'm not legitimized in being seriously pissed off in Tim Beck's existence.

Sorry to create a flame thread, I know that's all this is. But I feel like I can't be the only one who feels this way, with all of the expectations going into this season. /Rant

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 124 Comments