Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Michigan Game (a look at OSU coaching)

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
November 23, 2015 at 6:06am
10 Comments

I have read some comments about our Buckeyes " bouncing back" and not having the same offensive preformance we had last weekend to show that this team is who we think they are.

i know our D will do their part, if they hold a team to 21 puts or less, to me they have done their job, especially in this day and age of high scoring offenses.

The problem, as we all know is the offense

Well here are some thoughts about what I think we should expect. OSU has struggled all year on offense with few exceptions. Question is why ? We have the talent, and we all agree on that.

Urban Meyer has always had great offensive teams, at Utah, at Fla., and at OSU he has had many years of high scoring, dominate offensive football teams. BUT.. He has also had great up and coming O'Coords each and every year he a offense that excelled. The year or two he struggled at Florida were the years when that wasn't true. Now here he is at OSU and has the same track record with offensive preformance. With Herman he was able to have one of the highest scoring OSU teams in its history. Now with Tim Beck, he has nothing, nothing but a offense that has struggled to score and execute against competition that is even close to being decent. 

Here is what I take from all this. Urban is a great coach, right? But it seems obvious to me that it isn't now, and has never been Urban Meyers offensive mind that has driven his success. He can drive culture and motivate players, but he cannot, and has not shown that offensive genius is something he brings to the table. When he doesn't have a superstar O'Coord. his teams suffer. History shows this to be accurate.

Tim Beck has not been able to bring what is needed to take advantage of this teams talent, and that isn't going to change much between now and this Saturday.

Anyone who thinks you are going to see something different than what you have been seeing all years is going to be disappointed. We will struggle to beat this UM team. They have a Defense that is far superior to MSU's and tho their offense is no Baylor, they are very good at what they do. They will run the ball and attack our LB's and Eli Apple throwing the ball. We all have just seen how effective a team can be by doing so.

But that's not why we will struggle to win, we will struggle to win because we do not have any effective offensive ideas, Meyer will go along with what Beck calls and we all know Beck calls shit. 

It will be unforgivable for Urban Meyer to retain Tim Beck, or any other current coach as our OC for next season. They do not have the ideas to make our Offense elite.

i just hope that Meyer shows the leadership and courage he spends so much time talking about to the players and fires / replaces Beck. If he doesn't then he isn't the coach or leader we all think he is.

its a tough year to find a star OC too, with all these HC jobs available. He really fumed up hiring Tim Beck, he simply did the easy thing, that's what's so disappointing. Hope he doesn't do it again and keep the status quo

HELPER EDIT - Detail added to title. Voting turned on.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments