Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How about holding players responsible???

0 HS
WoodyTressMeyer's picture
November 22, 2015 at 6:48pm
60 Comments

I agree that the offensive coaching was, to be kind, very poor yesterday.  

However, I saw nobody playing with enthusiasm, inspiration, a sense of urgency, or leadership.  This has been a dark cloud that has been growing all season and not addressed by the players or coaches.  True leaders/captains would have addressed this. 

As bad as the coaching was, it was still good enough to win if.....

1. JT hits a wide open B. Miller on a deep pass when he made a double cut move and was wide open across the deep middle

2.  The best def lineman in the country doesn't JUMPS OFFSIDES 3 TIMES!!!!  This shows a lack of focus, discipline, etc.  Also, the look in his eyes (and most others) had no "eye of the tiger"  or hunger to them whatsoever.

3. One or two more times the defense  wouldn't have jumped offsides, one at a crucial time when a 4th and 8 became a much more manageable 4th and 3, and sparty made a first down, then at least flipped the field or scored

4. The offensive line plays with more intestinal fortitude and nasty-ass attitude like linemen are supposed to play with!

I am not sure what I was more disgusted with, the coaches or players.  Regardless, these issues are the head coaches job to fix and I am shocked that Urban has let it get to this.  However, I still think we are lucky to have him, and he will right the ship!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 60 Comments