Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Speculating on future QB profiles and recruiting

0 HS
Urbanbuck's picture
November 19, 2015 at 4:31pm
18 Comments

It's interesting to look past the great talent we have in the program and speculate about what the future may hold - given the traction we have with top recruits in 2017 and presumably beyond (especially once we repeat).

I love the ability of this staff to recognize and develop talent. We have Heisman candidates who were not five stars and multiple award nominees and winners who were low four and even three star kids. 

I started to think that there must be a kid sitting out there in the next two classes who will be our starting QB in a few years, what does that kid look like?

Looking at the early rankings for 2017, and the very early data on 2018, no particular kids leap out at me as prototypical OSU quarterbacks.

Some seem more like a pass than others though, for example the top rated Dual in 2017 Tate Martell seems a bit small for what we ask of our running QBs - could be totally off on this and maybe the kid is a flash with the ball in his hand.

The top Pro in 2017 is Hunter Johnson, who certainly has the size, and I remember reaading stellar reviews of his camp performances this year, does he have running ability though?

Do you think there is an emerging profile for a Meyer QB?

Do you think that has changed from what it was before he landed at OSU?

Does the stellar WR class we're putting together in 2017 influence prospective QBs?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments