Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Heavy Lies the Crown

0 HS
buckzilla1's picture
November 17, 2015 at 12:19pm
44 Comments

Heavy lies the crown of the defending national champion. Expectations of Godzilla rampaging through Tokyo or Goliath pummeling every David that they face were clear thoughts in the minds of most fans and most of the media. (exhibit A, The first unanimous number 1 ranking ever)  

Quarterbackgeddon, who starts? Who should start? Who should start in case we need the other to start later? (exhibit B, Braxton, Cardale and J.T. to Cardale and J.T. to J.T. and Cardale to Cardale and J.T. to J.T. and Cardale)

Schedule strength, we don’t play anyone. B1G is weak. You don’t pass the eye test. (exhibit C, last year the same rhetoric and look at the results of the B1G in the bowls)

Now comes the finale. The coup de grace if you will. Michigan State, Michigan. 1 at a time, gotta go 1-0 each week and not get ahead of ourselves. To each and every one of the Events that has been mentioned, these Buckeyes have become closer, blocked out the noise and refused to succumb to complacency. This Response to those Events showed that the Outcome was and will be victory as these defenders of the championship have trained and prepared for all year long.  The E+R=O theory.

Heavy lies the crown of the defending national champion fan. We see how Dolo told us to RELAX. How we all say “In Urban I trust”. Well for us fans, it’s put up or shut up time now. This team has the opportunity to do what no team has done sense the 94 and 95 Nebraska football team and become back to back undisputed, unshared, untied National Champions. We, you and I, every one of us has a duty to enjoy where this team is at, what it has done and where it is headed. We have been here before.  It’s a great time to be an OSU fanatic.

I write this with the hope that we in fact are good enough. Urban said last year that he thought this would be the year we should be good enough. My wish is for us to go 1-0 every week until we get to raise the Golden Vagina one more time. Until then. In Urban I trust, I will RELAX, Go Bucks, Screw Michigan and that crown it suddenly not that heavy after all.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments