Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Chase Farris Overreaction

0 HS
drank1933's picture
November 16, 2015 at 1:18am
109 Comments

Just rewatched the Illinois game (thanks 007!). I literally watched Chase Farris on every offensive play. I have to say that all the critisim of Farris is a bit overblown. Did he grade out as a champion? No. Did he give ground on obvious passing situations to a fairly decent DE Smoot with his ears pinned back? Yes. However, the two biggest pass protection mishaps came at the hands of Pat Elflein (didn't get to pulling block in time on the INT) and J.T. of all people (Failed to step up in the pocket later in the game resulting in a strip sack. Ironically Speilman said the "inside pressure" caused the sack when in fact all the pressure came from the outside via Decker and Vannett/Elliott missed blocks).

For every less than ideal pass block Saturday, Chase had at least three run blocks where he drove his man 5+ yards down the field (Example: Zeke's last TD). Adjust next week if needed with a few more TE/RB chip blocks here and there in obvious passing situations, especially if Calhoun is lined up across from Farris, and all should be fine.

I strongly disagree with anyone calling for Farris to be benched, but I will certainly hear everyone else's opinions on the matter. Discuss:

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 109 Comments