Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

SOLUTION: No More Braxton Wildcat Plays?

0 HS
BuckeyeInTheDesert's picture
November 9, 2015 at 2:46pm
62 Comments

One consistent theme all year (on the field and on 11W) has been the talk about "how are we going to get enough touches to all of these playmakers?" Samuel is the one that seems to be left out the most (and to our knowledge doesn't deserve it), but the problem seems to be that there is just only so many offensive plays per game, and who are you going to take touches away from? Zeke? Definitely not. Sooo...

How about dropping the whole Braxton in the wildcat formation from the playbook? This happens several times per game, hardly ever works, and these "freed up" plays could be better served toward getting Samuel and Thomas some more deserving touches that could easily produce better results.

I'm not a Braxton hater, but just a thought. The counter to this is that the Braxton wildcat snaps are all to set him up to start throwing from there in games when the stakes are a little higher (i.e. Michigan and B1G Championship Game - hopefully).  But if this was all to set up our rival, we probably didn't need to put Braxton back there from the beginning of the season, and only throw a few wildcat plays into the game plan in the week or two prior. But that's hindsight, and you cant turn back. So maybe it's too late, and now were at a point where Braxton running the wildcat is going to produce some wide open touchdown passes thrown by him in a couple of weeks (I sure hope so, otherwise the Braxton in the wildcat plays could have been better served by getting Samuel/Thomas the ball more.)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments