Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I Had a Dream. The Buckeyes are Fine.

0 HS
Hondo's picture
October 6, 2015 at 4:02pm
13 Comments

I rarely dream, or at least I rarely remember them. Last night, however, was different.

Bullet point summary of my still vivid dream is as follows:

1. Bucks were on the road. Don't know who they were playing but they were wearing white.
  2. Cardale was in the shotgun, took the snap, stepped to his left and faked a hand-off to Zeke. Zeke executed the fake amazingly well, virtually swallowing the ball with his body.
  3. After the fake, Cardale spun and rolled deep to his right. Kind of a naked bootleg but he had no intention of running. Everyone else was following Zeke. 
  4. Cardale created lots of space. Between the fake, the deep roll and the blocking, nobody was close to him. 
  5. The play was extremely slow to develop and Cardale patiently allowed it to happen.
  6. Looking downfield, Cardale set his body and launched a laser downfield. Not a Hail Mary sort of pass, more of a line drive into the gap.
  7. Cutting from left to right across the middle of the field was a streaking Braxton Miller. Braxton caught the ball in full stride at about the opponents twenty yard line but as he took it in, Braxton was running parallel to the goal line.
  8. Braxton was flying and clearly separating from his defender but now he had to bend toward the end zone. If you ever rounded third base at full speed, that's what it was like.
  9. As Braxton turned upfield, another defender coming from the underneath short side had the angle on him and took him down inside the five. Although he didn't score, it was a huge, huge play. A Sportscenter play.  

I don't know what happened next but what was weird is that I was obviously watching the game on TV because after the tackle I saw two or three replays! It was a great play call that was superbly executed and which featured a laser strike from Cardale and a blazing Braxton.

I woke up after the replays and before the next play, which is kind of a bummer, but it didn't matter. I awakened with the realization that the Buckeyes are going to be fine and that Cardale is the man.

True story! At least in my dreams.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments