21 Comments

So here's a list of people who scored or accounted for TD's versus VT:

Cardale Jones - 3

JT Barrett - 1

Braxton Miller - 2

Ezekiel Elliot - 1

Curtis Samuel - 1

Michael Thomas - 1

Holy shit that list of playmakers...  And to think any one of these additional names would have likely been on there: Jalin Marshall, Dontre Wilson and Cory Smith (and that's not even mentioning all the newbloods like Campbell, Dixon, McLaurin, N Brown, Mike Weber, Torrance Gibson, KJ Hill, and I'm probably missing about 6 other names). 

Our offense is obviously loaded, but what team and who on that team even comes close to fielding a list of offensive firepower like this?  I honestly don't think there are any current comparisons, and really we'd probably to go back in time to a couple teams, including our own.

I think USC golden years is a definite candidate.  Although I think, in real life, they actually lost every game they played in or something or other.  Oh and maybe Oregon.  Remember them?  They had like every top offensive player in the country and then got beaten down pretty badly in the Rose Bowl... who'd they lose to AGAIN?

OK, ramble over... no Coubs.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments