Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

SEC Superiority Complex

0 HS
SEQUOIA473's picture
August 15, 2015 at 11:48am
83 Comments

I was on a CFB article recently and realized the disdain that exists still for Coach Meyer. Moreover, the hate for OSU. Many SEC fans claim that Meyer brought "what he learned in the SEC to OSU." While there may be some truth to this I researched some things that are pertinent to recent SEC success. Two things stood out to me as far as coaching is concerned. 9 of the current SEC coaches are from the north or west coast. The last southern born coach to win a title in the SEC was Gene Chizik in 2010 who is from Florida. The last before him was Phil Fulmer in 1998 who is from Tennessee. I then looked at the BCS era national title winning coaches and was alarmed to find that 12 of the 15 years, coaches from Ohio and West Virginia were responsible for delivering titles with 6 a piece. During the BCS the state of Ohio had Bob Stoops, Jim T, Urban Meyer, and Les Miles, the most of any state. 

So what am I missing here? What exactly is the SEC teaching college football that I don't see? Other than fertile recruiting ground I just don't see the cause for such arrogance. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 83 Comments