Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Torrance Gibson practicing at WR

0 HS
SlumLord6973's picture
July 7, 2015 at 10:29am
128 Comments

Was listening to Bucknuts morning 5 by Dave Biddle  and he was discussing how Gibson is making a move to WR for his freshman year. Zach Smith welcomed Gibson into "Zone 6" which is what he calls the WR position group over twitter. It is assumed he is doing this in an attempt to see the field due to the logjam at QB. I've seen Gibson play in videos and his strength as a player is in his athleticism. The guy is big at 6'4" and he runs well. He is a little skinny for his height at 205 but he is only a kid and he is still growing. WR is a position where athleticism can make you an instant impact player. I like Gibson in situations like the back fade in the endzone due to his size and leaping ability. I'm just not sure he is going to come in and supplant anyone. The WR position group is pretty athletic. With guys like Marshal, Dixon, Thomas, and hopefully Campbell and McLaurin it might be just as bad. 

I'm wondering if this might be a mistake. Maybe redshirting as a QB might better serve him as he saves a year of eligibility and spends a season in the weight room and learning the terminology and the ropes.  Or perhaps WR was the goal all along when recruiting Gibson. Maybe he is a star in the making. Anything is possible at this point.

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Article/BM5-Cost-Of-Attendance-Costly-For-OSU-Gibson-To-WR-38087998

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 128 Comments