Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Coaching Adjustments

0 HS
hhilanders's picture
June 15, 2015 at 9:22am
27 Comments

So, yesterday there were around 1,000 women who showed up at the WAC to be taught a little more about the fundamentals of football. I believe that maybe they should have a similar program for guys. The reason for my statement is because while I played high school football the basic coaching adjustments that are made during the college game allude me. How do they do it? What do they tell a player either during the game or at half time that all of a sudden makes this huge difference. Here is an example,

Ohio State vs Alabama we weren't running as effectively as we would like in the first half. After halftime and some obvious adjustments, Alabama could not stop the slashing of Zeke and his off tackle gallops. Well, it was apparent that Coach Warriner made some changes to how his guys were blocking. What did he do? Did he tell his guys to move their feet more or hold their blocks longer? Coach Warriner is one of the best in the country but it could not be that simple. 

I write this to get some insight from others who know more than I do.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments