Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

If you had one question to ask Coach Meyer?

0 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
January 15, 2015 at 7:28am
52 Comments

mine would be Coach Meyer " how do you explain how this defense went from a team that gave up over 200 yards to a IU tailback in November to a team that shut out a top ten team (imo) Wisconsin in the BIGCG, beating the sec champ #1 Alabama and holding a #2 Oregon team 27 points below their season average in their biggest game in program history"?

Truly an amazing turn around. all I can say is how they practiced tackling during bowl practice, they might want to start doing that in august 2015. just wondering what questions the board would ask if they had the opportunity.

After making it in to the playoffs my thoughts were that our offense would score on anyone but our D would get trucked by Bama easily. they just didn't look like a championship caliber defense imo. granted D1 offenses have a clear advantage rules wise over defenses. I mean up until the BIGCG TOSU had not played a full 60 minute game bell to bell. and then low and behold they shut out Wisconsin. even after that game I had my doubts since the badgers were pretty much a 1 dimensional team on offense. Funny as it sounds now, I just started believing hours prior to playing Oregon that we were the better team and Oregon was the same old Oregon, SOFT. Mariota had the same look prior to kick off that Dorsey had in the 2nd qtr in 2002. Mariota wasn't ready for the moment. He looked nervous/tight in the 1st half and it only got worse in the 2nd half as the great unstoppable Oregon offense only managed 10 points in the 2nd half. they punted down 2 scores with 7 minutes left,lol. that alone should tell you what the Oregon staff knew at that point.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments